Process: Peace Treaty
With the Kashmir and missile crisis behind India and Pakistan, the time has come for the nations to begin serious negotiations.
Peace Treaty Requirements
- Each group should review the Peace Treaty Template of the SimulationWiki.
- Within each group, the President/Chairman should divide the task of writing the treaty according to role.
- Based upon your research in the Crisis Simulation, develop three possible ideas ways that the issue could be resolved (one that favors India, one that is more neutral, and one that favors Pakistan).
- Once all group members have finished their recommendations, share your ideas.
- Discuss the potential for each idea's acceptance by the rival nations.
- As a group, put together your first draft document that outlines your group's treaty proposal. Post to the SimulationWiki.
- As a group, review the other two groups' proposals.
- Role members from all of group should hold diplomatic meetings to discuss possible compromises (10 minutes).
- After the first round of negotiations, groups should create their second draft and post it to the SimulationWiki.
- Meet again with like role members in the other groups and resolve differences. Consider if the Crisis Event changes the demands of the two nations.
- Report back to group leaders.
- Repeat until a complete compromise has been reached. Once finished, post the final treaty to the SimulationWiki with the names of the leaders of each group at the end of the document.
- Debrief simulation as a class.